Guest post by Katie Kath of JKath Design Build
Two of my favorite worlds collided. It was no accident, and without hesitation I jumped on board to help bring these two brands together for a fantastic Spring Collaboration. Now more than ever, as we reached record low temperatures in Minnesota, we are all dreaming of warmer and sunnier days ahead. This will likely require a Spring Break adventure for some, or simply dreams of warmer destinations will do.
Havana was the landscape used for this inspiration between Linea Paolo shoes and Jeffrey Court tile. The Spanish colonial architecture, vibrant colors, and frequent sounds of salsa overflowing from the dining and music scene are the perfect landscape to kick off the Spring 2019 collection for Linea Paolo. All designs lending itself to the Pantone colors that we’re seeing everywhere, rusts, sand and pastels topping the charts in the design world.
The artisan tile collection of Jeffrey Court was a perfect match to stand up to the high design and fashion trends being put forth by Linea Paolo. Which by the way, I discovered one morning shopping the Nordstrom shoe collection online for a few pairs of ‘wear with everything’ shoes and quickly found the infamous Felicia Wedge, I’ve never looked back. When I post images of myself wearing these shoes, I often get more DM’s on where they are from than I do about the space we just renovated. I was lucky enough to consult on all tile selections as they paired with the upcoming Spring release.
There are 5 fantastic shoe collections and tile trends you need to know about for Spring …
photographer: Baldomero Fernandez
styling: Zoe Glassner Atkins
- Midcentury collection featuring Jeffrey Court’s black marble Chevron Mosaic and Linea Paolo Darcy and Naomi Flats.
- Understated Opulence featuring Jeffrey Court’s colored glass Nori Mosaic and Linea Paolo Cora and Rae Sandals (coming .. not yet released).
- Secret Garden featuring Jeffrey Court’s Acquerello porcelain tile and Linea Paolo Amanda Wedge and Darcy Flats.
- Golden Verdure featuring Jeffrey Court’s Spanish Moss Ceramic Hex Tile and Linea Paolo Elaine Espadrilles and Dahlia Flats.
- Art Deco Pastels featuring Jeffrey Court’s Terra Cotta Octagon tile and Linea Paolo Renata Sandals (coming soon) and Zadie Mules.
Ok, so have you made your wish list? I love that some styles are available now (grab them!) and some are yet to be released in the coming weeks. Linea Paolo, we have our eyes on you. And my dream product for 2019 are terra cotta floor tiles, anyone?
I hope this was a fun read for you. I had a blast putting this together and tapping into my creative outlets in a not so expected format. Stay warm, and happy soon to be Spring!