What makes Chapter 14 – The Press a unique collection?
Chapter 14 is a simple, yet impactful line rich in historical inspiration that touches every major metropolitan area. Inspired by newsrooms from the early 1900’s where the environment was chaotic but the architecture and design was simple, clean, and fresh – just like the news coming off the press.
What are the key features of this chapter?
Chapter 14 features is segmented into two general categories: Solid Mosaics and Repeating Patterns.
5/8″ hexagon solid mosaics, serve as a substitution to field tiles. Each solid mosaic sheet covers just over a square foot and is an excellent option for areas desiring solid coverage in any of the four colors offered. Available in black, navy, grey and white.
Complementing the four available colors in this collection are four repeating mosaic patterns. These amazing patterns were created using pairings of white, black, navy and grey. In total there are 12 available pattern and color combinations offered.
- Herald creates a large circular repeating pattern highlighted by its emboldened, nearly calligraphic outlines.
- Union, in contrast to Herald, has a more geometric approach creating visual interest utilizing outlined hexagons.
- Daily is a simplified pattern whose focal points are small floral patterns created by small 7-piece groupings of our 5/8” hexagon.
- Tribune creates a more detailed chained floral pattern. Tribune is great for those seeking a soft floral pattern but who desire a bit more color.
Where can this collection be used?
Click here to view the Chapter 14 Application Chart.
Are there any installation tips for The Press?
- Blending and Shade Variation
- Chapter 14 The Press, is classified as having a shade variation rating of 2 “moderate.” Blending of cartons from multiple cartons is highly recommended to ensure a proper uniform look and the correct repetition of patterned mosaics. All issues pertaining to shade variation should be addressed prior to installation.
- Setting Material and Grouts
- A high-quality white thinset meeting ANSI 118.4 or 118.11 is recommended for best installation results. Always check with setting material manufacturer to ensure suitability of material in setting glass tiles.
- We also recommend the use of non-sanded grout.
- While grouting, metallic tools should not be used in order to avoid scratching. Instead use tools that are rubber, plastic or some combination of polyurethane, rubber, or plastic to complete the grouting process.
- A professional grade wet saw outfitted with a high-quality diamond blade designed for cutting glass tiles is recommended. Always cut tiles with the face up. Sanding of cut edges is recommended to ease “sharp” edge.
How is Chapter 14 The Press merchandised?
This collection is supported by four (4) montage boards, four (4) touch boards, and four (4) sample cards which aid in displaying the full product line. All of these point of purchase materials are accompanied by the Chapter 14 The Press catalog. Showroom installation and loose sample pieces can also be ordered at a discounted price.